Sunday, April 17, 2011

I felt like baking


If you want to know how I turned this
 
into this


check out the recipe below.

BANANA BARS

2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. butter(or margarine)
2/3 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. mashed ripe bananas(usually 2 bananas)
1 egg
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped nuts(optional)

Combine flour and baking powder in small bowl and set aside. Beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Beat in bananas and egg. Gradually beat in flour mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts(if used). Spread batter into a greased 15x10 inch cookie sheet.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or til golden on top and toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

Oh, and be prepared to make more in a day or two. They disappear fast.

UPDATE-4/18 at 7pm-I was right. The last one disappeared a few minutes ago. Less that 24 hours after making them. I think I'll have to make some more tonight

3 comments:

  1. I love banana bars... now I really want to make some..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! I usually just make banana bread, but those look delish!

    ReplyDelete