Friday, May 20, 2011

My Adrenaline Rush for the Day

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I last posted. I'll explain that in another post later today. But right now I just had to share the morning excitement.

Last summer and fall, thanks to the cooled than normal weather, the blackberry bushes(and lots of other plants)didn't bear fruit like normal. Bears in the area started raiding garbage cans for food. There was one that visited my garbage can at least once a week for over two months. Then winter hit.

Recently, I've been seeing a lot of reports on the news about bear sightings. I began to wonder where our bear was. Maybe I shouldn't have worried. He visited us this morning. And today is garbage pick up so the full can was at the end of the driveway.

At 7:45 this morning I heard a thud outside that I knew well, but hadn't heard for months. He loved all the food remains(we had cleaned out the refrigerator just yesterday). He kept pulling stuff out and eating for a good 20 minutes, til a truck drove down the road and scared him off.

My daughter got some video of him while he was out there. She posted them on her YouTube channel here if you are interested in seeing our visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment