Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday Recipe(I'll come up with something more catchy later)

I plan on this being a regular Thursday feature. And I know this may not be Thursady for some of you anymore, but I'm on the west coast so it still is for me. I'm not really late yet.
On recipe day I will post either a well loved recipe, or one that I have made within the last few days, or maybe even both.
Today, I'm sharing a recipe that I like and the family devours.

MIX-IN-THE-PAN CARROT CAKE

1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 c. shredded carrot
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a 8 or 9 inch square pan, mix first six ingredients with fork. Add carrots, eggs, oil, water and vanilla. Mix briskly with fork til thoroughly blended. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack. Use your favorite cream cheese frosting or sprinkle with powdered sugar before cutting into pieces and serving, if desired.

*Can be doubled and made in a 9X13 inch pan. Just increase baking time by 5 to 10 minutes. (This is what I do, otherwise is disappears too fast.)


Hope you guys enjoy the recipe and in the future I hope to be more organized and be able to include a picture of the finished product to go with the recipes(and post a little earlier in the day).

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your blog and I hope that you enjoy it. I love the recipe and cannot wait to make it.

    loretta
    lbcanton@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete